Tuesday, April 26, 2016

'Скрипка'~'Die Geige'~"The Violin"


Give'em Hell Mickey!  Reminds me of when I was forced to take piano lessons as a kid. I hated that crap. I loved the music, but I rather listen that be banging away at the board.

Now the violin that's different. My Dad played violin. However as I say I was stuck with the piano. Each of us in the family had to learn a different instrument. So as I say I was fucked.

(Btw I 'should have old Mickey play a fiddle, but what the heck.)

Anyway years later I had many dreams about the violin. So many that I felt that it was my Father trying to tell me from Paradise I should just go, and play for crap's sake!

I did. I went over to a shop here in Manhattan just off Times Square. Music Row it's called. Anyway I went in there, and told the guy about my dreams my family, and all that stuff.

He listened thoughtfully then called his assistant over, and told him to go down in to the basement, and get a certain violin for me. My god it was beautiful! Sounded like heaven too.

He told me this wasn't a beginners instrument. It was special. He had found it at an estate auction. He re-made it. Worked hard on it. It was in a way a favorite of his.

He played several pieces on it for me. As I say it was heavenly.

He said I was meant to have it. I said I couldn't possibly afford such an instrument...he insisted it was mine. He gave me a very affordable price, and home it went with me.

A very good man, and wonderful violin.

Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment