Friday, March 11, 2016

"Hot Seat"



This image reminds me of daze long ago when I was a trapped like a bug in the somewhat loving amber of my family. Yeah family sucks. They're a tub of disappointment, and irrational hassles.

But,...

'But you love these impossible people. Not only that they'll probably be the only ones that will 'still' be with you at the end.

What with so many losses amongst friends, and family lately this has been on my mind. Well 'that', and...

"The hot red or red hot plastic seats of my dad's old Buick."

That's why I posted the above pix. 'Driving back from the beach with a butt full of sand weighed down with my little sister Sylvia on my lap, squeezed on either side by my big brother John, and older cousin Jimmy while we all sat on the red hot back seat of dad's beloved '58 Buick!

I think this was a torture unique to 1950's western industrial cultures.

Being the hapless victims of the scared items of industrial convenience entertainment, and planetary cultural hegemony. Oh the mid-20th Century American dream of TV dinners plastic, and cheap gas!

We shall never see their like again.

So yeah that's Exhibit "A" up there,..sort'a. We all would have been packed into the back seat. Also being at the beach I wanted to wear my mom's sunglasses. I wasn't allowed.

Only mothers movie stars, and drug addicts did that, and my old man wasn't about to let any of these careers befall me. Well it was a close thing, but no I never got pregnant.

Drug addict movie star mother no.

Queer communist broadcaster yes.

I was just trying to make dad proud.



Wow! They just don't make'em like this anymore. In Heaven every body drives the 1950's Detroit iron of their dreams!

Amen.


Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment