Sunday, February 12, 2017

"Tales of my Dad"



"Snow Story"

I used to like being with my dad when I was a kid when he drove in snow storms. He had this "fuck it" attitude about danger. Which as a boy I loved as much as I loved him. He'd say "I was in damned battle of the Bulge!" "Snow is not my enemy".

He'd then go into Army life in the segregated service.

How none of his buddies wanted to fight the Japs. However they 'all' wanted to "tear the throats "out of them "Nazi bastards". ...and did. They also wanted to do the same to the cracker non-coms that were always giving them shit. However they had to hold off on those throats.

So with that attitude drive carefully.

This reminds me of another story about my dad.

My father was that rare combination of toughness, and gentleness. He hated cruelty of any kind. For example when we still had our farm down South he saw a man beating a horse that couldn't pull an overloaded wagon.

This back in the late 1930's.

He beat the crap out of the guy then helped him up bought the horse, and took it back to our farm.

That was dad.



Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment